After I got home, I turned it back on low for 30 minutes to reheat and I was all set to go. Love it! And let me tell you…by the time I got home after having thought about this cooking all day, I couldn’t wait to dig in! I had also made some mexican rice this morning while I got ready for work so that it would be ready for both of us when we were ready to eat. What a treat this whole meal was!!
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground corinader (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- dash of chipotle chili powder (optional)
- Put chicken on the bottom of the crockpot. Cover with salsa then beans. Add water to bottom of the crockpot around the chicken. Sprinkle with dry spices.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with rice, sour cream, shredded cheese and garnish with chopped cilantro. You can also shred the chicken and make burritos if you have tortillas in the fridge.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8hrs on low or 3 1/2 to 4hr on high