Herbed ricotta bruschetta – A quick mix of fresh herbs and ricotta set atop grilled bread slices is a 10-minute appetizer that makes you look like a star.
When I decided to post a weekly recipe from Ina Garten’s upcoming new book, How Easy Is That?, I didn’t think it would be so difficult to choose recipes. They all look so great…and that seems to be the problem. I always have this problem choosing what to make first when it comes to new cookbooks.
These herbed ricotta bruschetta just popped out of the book at me last weekend when I was making my weekly menu and it most likely happened this way because I wasn’t looking for any particular kind of recipe. And sometimes, this kind of recipe just work out the best!
The recipe itself couldn’t be any easier to put together. Stir ricotta cheese with some herbs, grill or toast some bread and well, you’ve got your bruschetta. It’s really that simple to turn just a few basic ingredients into such an elegant appetizer or a quick summer lunch.
This is essentially the premise of How Easy Is That? We all know how fabulous Ina Garten’s recipes are, and my nearly 100 posts of her recipes show that, but this book focuses on using really basic ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry or fridge to create the wonderful recipes that you can only expect from Ina.
Coming up in the next week, you’ll see roasted shrimp salad and the ultimate grilled cheese here on the site – two very innocent-sounding recipes but I can assure you, they are not innocent or regular in any shape or form.
Other recipes in the book I’m dying to try as the weather starts to cool down include ones like Jeffrey’s Roast Chicken, Tuscan White Beans, and Steakhouse Steaks with Roquefort Chive Sauce. Can you see why it’s so difficult for me to choose?
. . . . .
More Insanely Delicious Ina Garten Recipes!
. . . . .
- 16 oz ricotta cheese, store-bought or homemade
- 3 tbsp minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French, ciabatta, or sourdough bread, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove, cut in half
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the ricotta, scallions, dill, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and set aside. Cut the bread in half and cut each half into 6 thick slices to make 12 slices total.
- When the grill is hot, brush the bread with olive oil and grill on each side for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the grill and rub each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic clove. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread the herbed ricotta. Serve 2 warm slices per person with a green salad on the side.
adapted from How Easy is That? by Ina Garten
- Barefoot Contessa, How Easy Is That?: Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips
- Weber Genesis Ii E310 Lp Grill, Three-Burner Black
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.