Grilled Thai Sweet Potatoes: Marinate your sweet potatoes in a fabulous Thai dressing and then grill them off for an easy and healthy side dish!
I’m a mess when it comes to planning side dishes for meals. Like, a complete mess!
It’s something I’ve always meant to improve on but haven’t yet.
I blame my self-diagnosed adult-onset ADD. Don’t even ask me about the last time we had both a veggie and a carb on the side of some protein because I can’t remember.
It’s usually one or the other. I guess this is going to be something I need to work on once we have kids.
I mean, kids DO need to eat really well-balanced meals, don’t they?
But these grilled Thai sweet potatoes are super easy, especially when you’ve already got the grill going for the main part of your meal.
You’ll marinate the potato slices in the most amazing dressing ever – yes, I’m still using it up – while the grill heats up. This should take about 10 or 15 minutes.
I first made that sweet chili Thai dressing for my Thai crunch chicken salad a few weeks ago. And you KNOW I’m still dreaming about it!
That dressing totally makes that salad an incredible meal! Can you blame me for wanting to slather grilled sweet potatoes with it?!
Ok, so then you’ll grill both sides of the sweet potato slices for a couple minutes each. Nice grill marks are nearly a requirement here!
Then you can drizzle the hot potatoes with a little more dressing as you serve them, if the desire strikes you. And it likely will because the dressing is SO SO addictive!
When you drizzle the hot sweet potatoes with some of the dressing, the potatoes will continue to soak up the dressing and alllll that flavor. It’s just like what happens when you make potato salad with warm potatoes.
These grilled Thai sweet potatoes are healthy, easy, and delicious. Totally my kind of side dish!
They’ll go perfectly with some grilled salmon, chicken, pork, or steak so you basically can’t go wrong with no matter what you choose to serve them with!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup sweet chili Thai dressing
- Vegetable oil
- Wash, dry, and poke a couple of holes in each of the sweet potatoes. Microwave them on high for 2 minutes, turn them over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Spread half of the dressing out in a shallow baking dish. Slice each potato into about ¼-inch thick slices. Lay the slices in the dressing, turning over to coat fully. Flip the slices every few minutes until you're ready to grill them.
- Heat a gas grill to high heat and allow the potato slices to marinate while the grill heats up. Brush a section of the grill with the vegetable oil to prevent the sweet potatoes from sticking.
- Add the potatoes to the oiled section of the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. The slices should have some nice grill marks on them and allow a sharp knife to easily pierce the centers. Serve warm with the remaining dressing drizzled over the potatoes, if desired.
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch
Weber Genesis Ii E310 Lp Grill, Three-Burner Black
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.