Crunchy Spicy Peanut Lime Salad – A fantastic summer meal where you can basically pull any raw veggie from the fridge and toss in – refreshing and delish!
Many moons ago, I made some chicken satay skewer thingies with a peanut dipping sauce. And while I fell in love [again] with how peanut butter works so well in savory dishes, I couldn’t get Kyle on board the savory peanut butter train.
This boy would jump through hoops to get me to make him a pb & j sandwich! He nearly begs for these peanut butter oatmeal sandwich cookies and peanut butter cup fudge swirl ice cream. But to get him to eat something savory made with peanut butter?
So I made this crunchy peanut sesame salad for myself for lunch a few weeks ago and freaked the heck out all over again.
The spicy peanut lime vinaigrette that’s tossed with some crunchy raw veggies is some knee-buckling stuff. If I’d had some chicken breasts or tenders in the house, I would marinated them in this stuff, grilled, and tossed them in the salad as well.
But let’s get real here. A salad full of crunchy shredded cabbage is nothing to cry over!
I mean, that Thai crunch chicken salad was not only one of the best things I ate last year, it was also one of your favorite recipes of the year too!
There’s something to say about how incredibly delicious a bowl full of crunchy shredded cabbage can be.
So, I’m not complaining in the least that I didn’t think far enough ahead to make some chicken to go with this salad.
And hey! I’ve got plenty of leftover vinaigrette to use on some chicken the next time Kyle is out for the day!
For the peanut lime vinaigrette:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or mirin
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 large lime (about 2 tbsp juice)
For the salad:
- ½ small head green cabbage, shredded or a 12oz bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 small English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (if frozen, thaw first before adding to salad)
- Blend all of the vinaigrette ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in a tightly sealed container.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl and drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the top; toss to combine. Add additional vinaigrette as needed. Divide the salad between bowls or salad plates and serve at room temperature.
Smells Like Home original | spicy peanut lime vinaigrette adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 Brushed Stainless Finish with 64-Oz. Container
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.