On this day waaaaay back in 2007, I shared my first post with the internet: tomato, asparagus, and fontina frittata. Food blogging was SO new at the time that I didn’t even realize I should have taken a picture of that frittata to share with the recipe!
12 years later, I’m still at it here at SLH. I’m considered a veteran blogger now! And while it’s been a lot of fun over the years, I’ll be honest with you: keeping up with this blog has not been easy.
With working full-time out of the house and with considering blogging as a hobby, I haven’t committed myself to sharing as many recipes as I’ve wanted to over the years. And there have been many times where I’ve felt like giving up this space and walking away from it altogether.
But I’m so glad I haven’t taken that route! In the past year, I’ve felt more grounded in what I’m sharing with you here than I ever have. I’m feeling more creative in the kitchen than ever.
And I’ve been working on improving my photography skills (BIG shout out to Foodtography School here!!) and have started making some videos of my recipes. (They’re still kind of janky because apparently, there’s this giant curve in learning how to shoot and edit videos. Sigh.)
However, my perspective on blogging as a hobby has changed and in the coming months, I’ll be working on SLH full-time! YAY for more recipes!! I’ll write more about the reasons for this big shift in a future post because today, I want to celebrate this 12-year milestone with YOU!
Cue the confetti!!
If you’ve been reading long enough, you know that coffee is a BIG THING with me. BIG! Coffee and espresso have made their way into lots and lots of my recipes. And I love making my iced lattes at home!!
So let’s celebrate SLH being a full-fledged pre-teen with a BIG giveaway!
I’m giving 1 Nespresso machine, milk frother, and a month’s supply of coffee pods or espresso pods (winner’s choice) to 1 lucky winner!
This is the machine we’ve been using at home for about 1 ½ years and we just LOVE IT. I mean, we love it so much and we use it pretty much daily.
It’s easy! Simply subscribe to my email newsletter so you can receive updates when new recipes are posted here.
Use the form below to subscribe and be sure you confirm your address via the confirmation email you receive. Only confirmed email addresses will count as giveaway entries. (You may need to check your Spam/Junk folder if you don’t receive this email.)
- If you’re already an email subscriber, you’re already entered! There’s no need to subscribe again. (If you’ve forgotten if you are, enter your email address above an click Subscribe. The system will tell you if your email address is already on my list.)
- This giveaway is not sponsored by Nespresso, Breville, or Amazon.com. I will be purchasing the prizes.
- Giveaway is open to those with US mailing addresses only.
- This giveaway will close at 10pm Eastern on Wednesday April 24, 2019.
- Each subscribed email address will be assigned a number. The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator.
- The winner will be notified by the email address provided during the email newsletter sign up process. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be announced on Instagram – follow me there if you’d like to see who wins!
I seriously can’t thank you enough for all of the support you have shown over the years, and especially for all of the love you have shared with my family this year as we officially welcomed Riley into our family. The world is such a huge place and it still continues to amaze me how this little blog can bring such wonderful people together. THANK YOU, FRIENDS.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees from your Amazon.com purchases (no cost to you) by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.