The pumpkin frenzy has hit my house with avengence and I’m honestly going to have a tough time letting it go at the end of the autumn. I seem to come across at least one new pumpkin recipe that peaks my interest everyday and I’m starting to have a difficult time narrowing down the recipes to make. I can’t possibly make them all for fear of blowing my healthy eating resolution. Thankfully, I’ve implemented a couple of adjustments to the recipes I do make so that I can try to feel less guilty about eating the mouthwatering pumpkiny results.
Pumpkin-Spice Cheesecake Brownies
source: Cara at Cara’s Cravings
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (I used 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ square metal baking pan.
- Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.
- Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife (or toothpick) back and forth through the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes (I baked for 35 minutes), or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 – 40 minutes
Yields: 12 – 16 brownies