Slow cooker vegetarian quinoa chili is a fantastic way to switch up your dinner routine this winter! With tons of plant-based protein and your favorite chili flavors, this is a hearty meatless meal that will win the whole family over.
I mentioned last week that I’ve got a few more warm, cozy, and quick weeknight meals lined up for you during this busy holiday season, and this vegetarian quinoa chili that popped out of my slow cooker a few weeks ago is definitely one of them.
It’s the type of slow cooker recipe where there’s no prep – just toss everything in, set the time, and go about your day. It’s my favorite kind of recipe!
In all honesty, I was a little leery about what Kyle would think about a vegetarian chili recipe but he loved this as much as I did.
Filled with protein from quinoa and black beans, this is one healthy meal that will take us through the winter months when my time is short and the craving for hearty chili is strong.
More Quinoa Recipes
- Spinach and Cheddar Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Buffalo Sauce
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
- Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa with Sriracha and Poached Eggs
- Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomatoes, Broccoli, and Feta
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
Slow cooker vegetarian recipes can often be bland and boring. Enter this quinoa chili recipe! It's got everything you crave in a crock pot recipe: heartiness, ease, and tons of flavor!
- 28 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 4 ½ oz can diced green chiles
- 2 (14 ½ oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- Kosher salt
- Add all of the ingredients except for the salt, including only 3 cups of broth, to a 6-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- If the chili is very thick, stir in up to one more cup of vegetable broth to loosen the chili. Heat for an extra 5-10 minutes on high. Season with salt to taste. Top with your favorite chili toppings.
adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.
[…] 13) Vegetarian quinoa chili from Smells Like Home […]