This hot corn dip is an incredibly simple appetizer dip! Made in the crock pot with 3 kinds of cheese, bacon, and jalapeños, this is an unforgettable Mexican corn dip recipe that will make everyone happy!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I hope you guys are ready for this hot corn dip and aren’t feeling totally overwhelmed with all the Tex-Mex recipes I’ve been sharing recently. I can’t help but be excited about another reason to indulge in some of the best food around!
Or top the rice with some fajita chicken, guac, cheese, and sour cream and call it a day.
And what’s a Cinco de Mayo celebration without an outstanding appetizer recipe? Well, this slow cooker cheesy corn, bacon, and jalapeño dip will knock your socks off. It’s nothing short of outstanding!
With THREE kinds of cheese, THREE types of mild peppers, and smoky thick-cut bacon, this corn dip recipe is bound to be awesome. And since you’ll toss everything into the slow cooker and let it simmer away for a few hours, you’ve got plenty of time to make those enchiladas or some tequila lime chicken tacos and drink a couple margaritas.
I’d say that’s not a half-bad way to celebrate the day, don’t you?
More Outstanding Dip Recipes
Appetizer dips are a big deal in my house! We eat them all times of the year and love having family and friends over to share in the dipping fun.
This hot crab dip is a fantastic seafood dip recipe. My artichoke and spinach dip is a restaurant copycat recipe that’s so creamy and delicious! And this queso fundido is a chocked full of melted cheese, spicy chorizo, and LOADS of flavor!
Cold dips are totally a thing here too! BBQ ranch dip is always a favorite and it makes for the best dip for BOTH chips and veggies. And if you want a sweet dip for dipping cookies, fruit, and soft pretzel bites, this cinnamon cream cheese dip is an outstanding option!
- 1 lb frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, diced small
- ½ can mild diced green chiles (from a 4oz can)
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- Handful of chives, chopped
- Mix all of the ingredients up to the cream cheese in a 4 qt slow cooker until well-combined. Drop the pieces of cream cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring the cream cheese into the corn mixture after 3 hours. Stir in most of the chopped bacon and chives before transferring the dip to a serving bowl. Top with the remaining bacon and chives and serve hot with tortilla chips or Fritos.
heavily adapted from Damn Delicious
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.