If you’re looking for an easy, no-fuss, crazy-delicious dessert that everyone will love, look no further. These Oreo cheesecake bites are everything!
Stick a cheesecake in front of me and all bets are off.
I’m a little – juuust a little – ashamed to admit that I have, perhaps on more than one occasion, taken a fork to a leftover cheesecake without slicing off a single-serving piece.
It’s like the one with all the cheesecakes except that I can’t justify my behavior by saying that I saw it on Friends first since it didn’t happen that way. I only saw that episode for the first time very recently and I subsequently almost died laughing.
But I digress.
Oreo cheesecake bites are the bomb. The bomb diggity, if you must. (Insert bomb and POW! emojis here.)
With an easy food processor-crushed Oreo crust, creamy cheesecake filling studded with chopped Oreos, and a drizzle of semi- and white chocolate, these bites went over like gangbusters at our 4th of July party this summer.
I served these cheesecake bites directly from the fridge to prevent the July heat from melting the cheesecake and chocolate and they were the perfect cool treat to top off a hot night.
I was SO happy that I threw a bunch in the freezer before the party because there weren’t many leftover after we rushed inside from the mosquito-ridden evening.
Also? Frozen Oreo cheesecake bites = pure heaven!!!
The Perfect Large Batch Dessert for a Party
This recipe makes A LOT of cheesecake bites. Like almost 100!!
So obviously, this would be a fantastic dessert to make for a big party. The bites would look really fantastic all lined up like little soldiers on square white platters, wouldn’t they?
Or passed around on platters like dessert finger foods? YES!!
If you don’t need 100 cheesecake bites in your life, you can certainly cut the recipe in half. For this, I would bake the cheesecake in an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bites
To make these Oreo cheesecake bites, you will:
- Make a quick crust in the food pro with a package of Oreos and some melted butter
- Press the Oreo crust into a 13×9-inch baking pan
- Whip cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs into a cheesecake batter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer
- Fold chopped Oreos in the cheesecake batter
- Spread the Oreo cheesecake batter over the crust
- Bake for about 40 minutes
- Cool the cheesecake and slice into bite-size pieces
- Drizzle with melted white and milk chocolate.
I’ve made a full-size Oreo cheesecake in the past but these Oreo cheesecake bites far surpass the full-size version as an easy, no-fuss, small-serving treat that absolutely everyone will love. I know we did!
Seriously, for a fun, kid-friendly dessert that would be great for potlucks, backyard bbqs, or birthday parties, these Oreo cheesecake bites are it!
- 36 Oreo cookies (1 regular size package - not Double-Stuf), divided
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8-oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup regular sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate (not chips), finely chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate (not chips), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F with a rack centered in the oven. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with a long piece of aluminum foil which hangs up and over the short edges and spray the foil with baking spray.
- Process 24 of the cookies in a food processor until you have fine crumbs (or beat the heck out of them in a large zip-top bag with a rolling pin). Drizzle the butter over the crumbs and process until well-combined and crumbs are damp (or mix the butter and crumbs together in a medium bowl). Press the crumbs into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Roughly chop the remaining cookies. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitter with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well-combined, about 2 minutes. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla until no streaks remain. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition, and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold the chopped cookies into the batter. Pour the batter over the bottom layer in the pan and even out the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, just until the edges are completely set (and maybe just slightly brown) and the center is almost set (slightly jiggly when the pan is gently jiggled). Cool completely on a wire rack before covering with plastic wrap and transferring to the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Pull the cheesecake out of the pan using the foil overhanging edges and place it on a large cutting board. Cut into 1-inch pieces and transfer the pieces to the baking sheet, leaving a little space between each.
- Melt the semisweet and white chocolates in separate bowls in the microwave for 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring between each interval, until most of the chocolate is melted. Stir the last of the chocolate pieces vigorously until melted completely. Pour the semisweet chocolate into a sandwich-size zip-top bag, seal the zipper, snip off a very small piece of one of the corners and drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake bites; repeat with the white chocolate in a second bag. Chill until ready to serve.
Storage: Bites will keep well in the fridge, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container, for up to 5 days or wrapped tightly/airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. For the record, they are FANTASTIC when eaten frozen.
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.
- Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan 9 x 13 Inch
- KitchenAid 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Empire Red
- Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, White
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet 13 x 18 Inch