So here we are again! My 10th annual year-end round-up!
2018 was such a fun ride! I was just marveling with Kyle yesterday that this was our first full year as parents. Amazing!
The year overall has humbled me more than any year in my memory. It has shown me the purest level of joy and love in watching Riley grow.
I feel so incredibly lucky to have been given the chance to be this girl’s mama. There has not been a single day that this thought hasn’t cross my mind.
It’s also been one of the most difficult years. I’ve had to search for strength in times when I wasn’t sure I could muster it.
Patience is a behavior I thought I mastered years ago but I learned that you have no idea what patience means until you have a toddler. Like, woah.
I’ve learned so much about being married in 2018 too. More than in any of our previous 11 years of marriage.
And again, at the root of it all, there was some really good food. Some of that made it here to the blog; most did not.
I spent a lot of time learning to cook for a baby and then a toddler. And lots of time teaching her how to eat too! (P.S. – she’s a GREAT eater!)
Many of our meals were thrown together on a whim after bedtime. Many of her meals were pieced together in the chaotic time between arriving home post-daycare and bath/bedtime.
But in the end, we all ate well!
As always, I’m sharing the 2018 Top 10 Reader Faves but I’m going at it a little differently this year because your all-time favorites continue to be some of my older recipes.
So, you’ll see them listed below in addition to your favorite new recipes from 2018.
Before leaving though, I want to thank YOU for being here, supporting me, and sharing in my love of good food. My readers continue to be amazing people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining and sticking with me over the years in this little space. Cheers to you in the New Year!
(clockwise from top left)
1. The Mistletoe Kiss
2. Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Honey
3. Cabernet Short Ribs Ragu with Parmesan Polenta
4. Peanut Butter Pie
5. Black Bean Skillet Dinner
6. Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
7. Blueberry Skillet Pancake
8. Triple Berry Buttermilk Scones
9. Peppermint Oreo Truffle Brownies
10. Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondies
All-Time Reader Faves
1. One Pot Creamy Sausage Pasta
2. All Butter Really Flakey Pie Dough (now with video!)
3. Apple Slab Pie (now with video!)
4. Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce
5. New York Style Crumb Cake
6. Baked Fontina
7. Soft Flour Tortillas
8. Queso Fundido with Chorizo
9. Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie
10. Copycat Panera’s Stove Top Mac and Cheese
Past Yearly Top Reader Faves Lists
No comments yet.