Peppermint Pretzel Thins are the quintessential holiday treat! Salty pretzel crisps get dipped in a subtle peppermint vanilla candy coating and then covered in crushed candy canes. This homemade festive pretzel treat is better than the store-bought version and is so easy to make!
I love peppermint treats, like my peppermint pretzel marshmallow fudge, sparkling chocolate peppermint cookies, and my ultimate favorite: the peppermint mochatini. So naturally, I needed to add this easy peppermint pretzel thin recipe to my box!
Peppermint Pretzel Thins, also known as white chocolate pretzels, are the perfect classic holiday sweet snack for any salty-sweet and peppermint lover.
It’s an easy-to-make, no-bake recipe, that requires only 4 ingredients, and is so addictive!
This adorable festive treat is wonderful to serve at holiday gatherings or packaging up in a Holiday tin to give as an edible gift to your family, friends, neighbors, and that favorite teacher in your life.
PEPPERMINT PRETZEL THINS INGREDIENTS
This is the basic shopping list for this easy peppermint pretzel thins recipe. The full list of ingredients is in the recipe card below, so be sure to keep scrolling down to check it out!
- Plain pretzel crisps
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil (or another neutral oil)
- Peppermint candy canes
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT PRETZEL THINS
Below are the quick steps on how to make these festive Peppermint Pretzel Thins. But the full instructions are listed below in the recipe card, so be sure to keep scrolling down!
STEP 1: Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
STEP 2: Place candy canes in a Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin or large spoon, crush into small pieces.
STEP 3: In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate with coconut oil.
STEP 4: Coat each pretzel crisp in the melted chocolate using tongs or a fork for dipping. Place dipped pretzel on the prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Allow pretzel thins completely cool. Enjoy!
HOW TO STORE
Store peppermint pretzel thins in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. If you live in a cool climate, pretzels can be left at room temperature for a few days, but the coating does get a little soft.
ARE WHITE CHOCOLATE PRETZELS THE PERFECT HOLIDAY TREAT?
Yes! White chocolate and peppermint are the perfect flavor pairing, especially during Christmastime. So, if you are looking for a quick and easy treat to make at Christmas, you have to make these Peppermint Pretzel Thins.
You only need 4 ingredients and less than 30 minutes for one tantalizing addictive treat!
HOW DO YOU DIP PRETZELS IN MELTED WHITE CHOCOLATE?
Kitchen tongs will be your friend here! Dip each pretzel crisp into the melted white chocolate, ensuring that the entire pretzel is covered. Gently shake the tongs back and forth to remove any excess coating.
Place the coated pretzels on the prepared cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
TIP AND TRICKS
- For this recipe, you can substitute white chocolate almond bark for the white chocolate chips.
- You can add a tiny drop of peppermint oil or peppermint extract to the melted white chocolate to really boost the peppermint flavor.
- Crush peppermint sticks as small or as large as you want. I would not recommend crushing them into a powder as having the crunch of the candy cane is a part of the magic.
- Drizzle with milk or dark chocolate prior to adding crushed candy canes for an even prettier holiday treat!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE WHITE CHOCOLATE PRETZELS
These Peppermint Pretzel Thins are so pretty that they would be a beautiful addition to any Christmas treats package, or holiday cookie plate, or dessert charcuterie board.
If you love peppermint desserts around Christmastime, be sure to look over my roundup of the 18 easiest peppermint Christmas sweet treats!
Easy Peppermint Pretzel Thins
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp neutral oil (like canola or sunflower) or virgin coconut oil
- 4 oz pretzel thins
- 4 oz candy canes, crushed into tiny pieces
- Ready a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add white chocolate chips and oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each, until the chips are completely melted.
- Using a pair of tongs, dip both sides of the pretzel thins in the melted white chocolate and gently shake off the excess into the bowl.
- Lay the white chocolate-covered pretzels on the baking sheet and sprinkle a pinchful of the crushed candy canes over the wet chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set up in a cool place.
STORAGE: Once the chocolate is set, store the pretzels in an airtight container with a piece of parchement paper or wax paper between the layers. Keep them in a cool place until ready to serve or give away.
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.
No comments yet.