Peppermint brownies: Fudgy brownies studded with extra chocolate chunks, laced with a hint of peppermint, and topped with melty morsels of the best Hershey’s Kisses in the world.
Growing up, I was all about cherry-flavored candy canes. You know: the rainbow-colored ones!
These days candy canes come in all different flavors so theoretically, I should be in heaven with all the choices, but for some strange reason, as an adult I have developed this insane love for peppermint.
And these peppermint brownies are exactly what satisfy every craving I have at Christmastime. These rich dark chocolate peppermint brownies have a layer of milk chocolate chunks inside and are topped with Hershey’s candy cane kisses.
Do you remember the year these candy cane kisses came out? It was like a freaking Hershey’s Kiss revolution!
WHITE CHOCOLATE KISSES!? WITH PEPPERMINT??
They just about knocked the world off its axis! White chocolate and peppermint lovers rejoiced! I certainly did!
And these kisses work just so perfectly set atop these peppermint brownies. They not only look festive but they’re also a simple way of adding a little extra sweetness to these rich brownies.
And they will make any holiday package or dessert board tray sparkle! Especially if you pair them up with some showstopping pecan linzer cookies with raspberry filling.
Both Kyle, who only mildly likes peppermint desserts, and I truly fell for these brownies. So much so, that I had to wrap quite a few up to freeze before they all mysteriously vanished from the house.
Luckily though, I’m in charge of desserts again at Christmas so pulling them out of the freezer will make for a quick and easy addition to my dessert extravaganza! Happy Christmas baking, friends!
Peppermint brownies are a delicious twist for your Christmas desserts platters. The brownies are chewy and fudgy, and are topped with chopped Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses. They freeze great and can be made and frozen up to 1 month ahead of serving.
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bars, broken into segments or 6 oz milk chocolate (I recommend Callabaut), chopped coarsely
- 1 bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, wrappers removed and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a small pot of simmering water; heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chocolate mixture with the sugar and eggs until well blended. Whisk in the peppermint and vanilla extracts and the salt. Whisk in the flour just until incorporated.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Layer with the milk chocolate pieces. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the milk chocolate pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the brownies from the oven but keep the oven on. Sprinkle the chopped Candy Cane Kisses over the top of the brownies and return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire cooling rack and let cool to room temperature. Chill the brownies until the candy topping has firmed up. Slice and serve.
adapted from Everyday Annie and My Baking Addiction
As a member of the Amazon Associate affiliate program, I earn a small percentage from your qualifying Amazon purchases when you click the Amazon links on this page. I'm not informed of who purchases what, just of what products are purchased.
Love this! I am a sucker for any and all peppermint recipes!
Such a yummy treat 🙂
Love love love! So festive! After I discovered cherry candy canes, I didn’t want “regular” ones for years 🙂
I’ve been itching to make Peppermint Brownies all season long. You’ve convinced me :). I’m making them asap!
These look great. I’m currently breastfeeding (so no peppermint) so I’ll have to make these with my candy-flavored canes!! 🙂 YUM!
these look fantastic! i’ve been wanting to make peppermint brownies this holiday season too but haven’t quite done it yet! yum!
Yum and Buzzed! Brownies and mint are such a great go together. Love this!
I am thinking I may be in need of some brownies…. I can put the cookies aside for a few minutes to whip these up (I hope. Cookie overload). Love the peppermint candies on top. So festive!
I have an insane love for peppermint too! These brownies look amazing!
I love chocolate and mint, especially during the holidays. These brownies look delicious!
I have always loved the regular plain old candy cane like the ones used here. That love translates to brownies quite easily. Wonderful looking treat!